Workshops and Presentations
90 Days to a High Performance Team
Following from his book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team” published by McGraw Hill, Chris DeVany can facilitate team-building around the key issues listed below and/or address your organization on any of the following topics. Click on each topic/issue to see an outline of the presentation/workshop.
- Managing a team
- Customer service
- Facilitating change
- Removing troublemakers
- Managing your boss
- Clashes between two teams
- Managing performance
- Taking a team from any of three stages to peak performance
- Managing a remote team or teams effectively
For more information on having Chris DeVany present at your next meeting,
please call (617) 308-8070.
- Before You Start: Pre-Planning the Approach
- The First Day: What Do You Say? What Do You Hear? How Do You Respond?
- The First Week: What Are The Top 3 Priorities?
- The First Month: Success Against The Top 3; Next Steps
- The First 90 Days: Managing Results, Raising the Bar
- Before: Products, Service and Relationships: How Do You Distinguish Yourself, Your Team and Your Organization?
- First Day: Developing A Cogent Market Analysis for Your Enterprise and Your Customers
- First Week: Approaching Customers and Prospective Customers
- First Month: Communicating Effectively to Grow the Enterprise
- First 90 Days: Using Referrals and Testimonials to Perfection
- Before: What’s the Problem As I See It?
- First Day: What’s the Problem As They See It?
- First Week: Let’s Relate, Strategize and Implement Solutions Together – RSI In Action
- First Month: Repeating and Building On Success, Dismissing ‘What and Who Doesn’t Work’
- First 90 Days: The 12-Week Team Communication Action Plan – It Works!
- Before: Clarifying and Confirming For Yourself What the Top Anticipated Change Is / Changes Are
- First Day: Communicating Anticipated Changes to Your Team, Gaining Their Input
- First Week: The Team Approach to Addressing Change Priority #1 – Implementing Action Plans
- First Month: Team Results Against Top 3; Weekly Review, Charting Progress, Facilitating Results
- First 90 Days: How’d We Do Against Our Top 3? Recognizing and Building on Success, Dismissing What and Who Doesn’t Work
- Before: Who Is The Problem? What Approaches Have We Tried? What Worked and What Didn’t?
- First Day: Privately Inviting the ‘Troublemaker’ Into a Collaborative, Problem-Solving Conversation, Using RSI to Solve Performance Problems (Relate, Strategize, Implement), Using Action Plans
- First Week: Progress Against Action Plan from Troublemaker and Troubled Team
- First Month: Reviewing One Month’s Performance, Clarifying and Confirming Salvagability, Warnings?
- First 90 Days: Still With Us or Gone? Progress Against Action Plans, Cut or Contributing?
- Before: Discussing With Trusted Others, Seeking Advice
- First Day: Approaching the Boss Collaboratively
- First Week: That Important Conversation: Progress or ‘Punt’?
- First Month: What’s Improved and What Hasn’t?
- First 90 Days: Reviewing Working Relationship Progress, Charting Next Steps
- Before: Writing Down Your “Clash Assessment”
- First Day: Meeting With Your Team to Clarify Current State State and Desired State
- Second Day: Meeting With Other Team’s Manager to Clarify Same
- First Week: Facilitating Two Teams Meeting or Two Managers Meeting to Craft Working Action Plans
- First Month: What’s Improved? Building On Success…What Hasn’t? Taking Corrective Action
- First 90 Days: Charting Progress, Reviewing Working Relationships’ Progress Against Plan
- Before: Not Another Performance Review! Breaking These Down Over a Year’s Time, One Day at a Time
- First Day: Reviewing Performance With Best Performer
- Second Day: Reviewing Performance With Performer
- Third Day: Reviewing Performance With Poor Performer
- First Week: Starting to Implement the Daily, One-On-One Performance Conversation With Each and Every Member of Your Team
- First Month: Met With Everyone at Least Once? Results?
- First 90 Days: Success-Building, Needs Improving Changes, Progress Report, Next Steps
- Before: I Hate Budgets! Asking a Financial Manager for Help and Getting It
- First Day: Meeting With Manager-Helper, Presenting Data, Receiving Brutally Honest Feedback, Action Planning
- First Week: Budget Action Planning: Progress Against Top 1, 2 and/or 3
- First Month: Budgeting Monthly, Progress Reporting
- First 90 Days: Budgeting Quarterly, Verifying Progress
- Before: In Which ‘Stage’ is Our Team?
- First Day: Meet With Team to Share Assessment, Ask for Solution Input, Action Planning
- First Week: Progress Against Action Plan?:
- First Month: Have We ‘Hit’ Our Top 3 Goals?
- First 90 Days: After 3 Months, What Do We Do to Continue Growing? Team Member and Team Action Plans
- Before: Planning that All-Important, Face-to-Face Meeting With Your Entire Team
- First Day: Conducting a Highly-Effective Kick-Off Meeting
- First Week: Getting Each of Your “Location Teams” Up to Speed:
- First Month: How Are We Proceeding Effectively Against Plan? Checking In
- First 90 Days: How Are We Doing Against Plan? Engaging Each of Your Teams in Effective Performance Planning
For more information on having Mr. DeVany present at your next meeting,
please call (617) 308-8070.