Chris DeVany Helps Managers Build Teams
"90 Days to a High Performance Team"
Exemplary Leadership Skills:
It's Not Just for the CEO
What are the "Eight Most Important Qualities of Effective Leaders"? How can you practice these leadership qualities every day? What skills, knowledge and expertise do you need in order to be an effective leader? What are people looking for in a leader? Please bring your greatest "leadership challenges" to the table, so we can discuss collaboratively and help you solve them!
Leadership is what you make of it. What skills do you develop and hone? What are people looking for in a leader? Is there great value in "practicing what you preach"? How do you model the behavior you expect from employees?
In this program, attendees will learn:
- The qualities which great leaders possess and exhibit
- Why committing to leadership will save them time and frustration, in addition to contributing to a healthier workplace
- How to commit consistently to exemplary leadership
- The numerous situations where corporate leaders have learned the lasting lessons of leadership
We will discuss the 7 qualities which comprise a great leader:
- Commitment dedication both cerebrally and viscerally to excellence
- Visibility direct participation in delivering customer service and quality
- Accountability practicing what you preach
- Communicative - careful listening, diligent inquiry, prompt responses, focused follow-up, assurances of mutual "buy-in" to performance objectives
- Visionary one eye on the future, ready to anticipate change
- Effective team-builder gainer of consensus, cooperation, idea exchanger
- Succession planner/developer of leaders - always with both eyes on the future of the organization
We will discuss why committing to leadership will save time and frustration, contributing to a healthier workplace, based on a consistently proven insight: When individuals are empowered to contribute in analyzing the problem, they will work much harder and smarter at devising and contributing to the solution.
We will explore how valuable it will be to commit each and every day to leadership, because employees and colleagues will observe and practice your actions, not your words.
We will review and assess the countless lessons corporate leaders have learned from both exemplary and poor leadership behavior.
The focus of our programs is experiential. We work with you before, during and after our program to ensure concepts are learned and practiced. Before, we ask you for examples of "real-life" situations, issues and people you are dealing with and for which you might wish help. During, we use as many of your examples as time allows, so you may benefit from peer feedback. Afterward, we work with you and your managers to ensure learning concepts are practiced, so we can measure and verify performance improvement.